Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Huntington Beach Blog.

A dollar and and a half all day. Since my car had vanished from the Five Points Apartment building, I had to resort to putting the rubber to the cement-- instead of the rubber to the metal. 
  In no way would I stay grounded inside my Main Street apartment. After a meal of eggs and bread, I walked to Beach Blvd and used my 2016 Octa bus book to find the times. Bus numbers are not posted  so you need a program to find out the times and which bus stops there. 
   I heard a bang while I waited for the #29 bus to appear. Two cars collided when the black SUV ran a red light and careened into a smaller compact car heading north on Beach. The driver of the smaller car sat on the curb while the firetrucks administered first aid and the policeman directed traffic. 
   The bus appeared and I slid a dollar into the slot and placed two coins inside the machine. The bus driver gave me an all-day-pass. I needed to watch some volleyball off the pier...After an hour I decided to visit the Pacific City Mall off of the P.C.H. I needed to get a money order at the post office. Of course it would be the only one closed on a Saturday -- you live an learn. I checked the trailer parking lot and found it cost sixty dollars to park there over night. Regular car spaces were only fifteen dollars.
   To my chagrin, I found it to be a glorified street mall and with global warming, a shell should have covered it. Oh well, to each its own. Didn't City Hall know why the In-N/Out and Trader Joe's get all the action-da, da- its cool air. In fact Trader Joes advertises they have the coolest air in town.
   I found the bread and coffee shop also open to the dirty smog baked by Mr. Ozone. The restaurants had open views but I wondered what was going to happen when the heat of August and September gets its paws on the outdated mall.  
  Back on the 29 bus again but this time headed north. I decided to cool off at the Starbucks in the Big Lots shopping center on Beach off of Victoria Blvd. To my surprise it was cool inside, and two dollars for a house brew was all I needed for R and R. I must have been on sixty buses the  week of my vanishing car, and I needed to pro of my legs up, read and relax.
  This tall-corner-stoned Starbucks filled the prescription I sorely needed for the end of the week. And there was no need for a combination-it was so cool. Now I could read and write and smell the ocean air each time the door opened. We were only half of a mile from the beach. The people dressed up-scale and were polite. I wondered if I could find a two bed apartment in the area. Also if the Wall Mart could make a money order for me.
  After two hours, I decided to head for home but only after going to the Wall Mart. There for one dollar, the market owned a machine that paid my Edison for only one dollar. I bought a ham at half price, a loaf of fresh bread and a mango-- total of $4.75.
  Again the #29 drove me back to my apartment, and thank God it did not vanish as well. Not bad for one dollar and fifty cents, ha?
 













No comments:

Post a Comment