Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A Trader Joe's Apple Tree.

I placed a few items on my budget list when I first moved into the Huntington Beach area. Florida Street off of Main spills into the Five Points Shopping Center. Trader Joe's serves as the flag store for the other stores.
    After my move into an apartment off of Main, I trooped into the store to see if there were any good found out it did have a few good buys -- and needed only a short walk across the Main Street to find buys.  I loved the package of small chocolates at the end of the day. It cost me only one dollar. But soon their $2.75 cent dozen eggs got my attention. At $2.75 a dozen, Trader Joe's organic eggs tasted way-better than those from other markets and their 19 cent bananas slipped into my bag too. The paper bag   I used for kitchen trash.
   About one month ago, God told me to start eating apples...and I always listen to God. My back bedroom had a picture of Johnny Appleseed planting apples as out settlers wagon-trained west.   Since summer fruits left, I decided to try apples again, even though two months earlier, I had criticized Trader Joe's produce department. Their pomegranate tasted mushy and the grapefruits too  dry.
A couple of weeks ago, I decided to try Joe's apple section. I looked over the Spartan, Gala and Fuji. One polished Fuji got my attention. Its smooth shiny face said, "Eat me". I took a bag of eggs, bananas and the lone apple to my apartment across the street, avoiding the rocky-road called Main.
   But there Gala and Fugi  apples tasted crisp and juicy -- especially after I roasted them inside my microwave. I cut them up and spread sugar and cinnamon on top. I even ate the core of the applie -- since in now way could it do any harm, or so I thought.  What a treat?
    Well a couple of weeks ago, I could not keep any food down. I threw up what looked like a small tree. Why it could not have been more than one inch long. I placed it inside a pot alongside my bedroom window. I padded its bed with mulch and dirt.   Every morning I sprinkled water over it...and guess what? Yes, it began to speak!
     "Kin ya lift me hiya...can't see ya?" I lifted my head off my bed. In now way could an apple tree speak, but the tree made a believer out of me.
      "Kind sir, could you place me closer to the window. I need cold to grow better, don't you know?"
       "Now who am I to argue with a Fugi apple  tree, In no way did I wish to go to war. Why all the apple trees might invade my little apartment. I moved her a bit closer to the window. One of her thin branches touched my nose.
       "That is the apple tree's way of kissing. You have saved my life  by moving me closer to the window. By and by, I took root inside your stomach since I found your fish oily stomach and nuts simply divine."
        "Don't thank me, but thank Spouts Market for selling mixed nuts for 99 cents a pound. And they have the largest supply of produce in Huntington Beach."
         At that point the little tree tucked her trunk inside to take a nap. My line phone rang. Somebody called Jonathon was on the phone. Again it was a squeaky voice. (Not finished.)
 
   
.

1 comment:

  1. I go for Trader Joe off of Westwood Blvd. Just love their salads and packages of lox. I go to the Adat Ahalom acrross the street.

    ReplyDelete