Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Revisit to Niagara Falls Santa Monica

As a kid in the forties, My Mom Edith drove us to the beaches most every day. For a short duration, we belonged to the Dauville Club, close to the Santa Monica Pier. I could not swim, but got my feet wet in water that spilled in from the Ocean. The pier offered a musical ride on the ponies, cotton candy, candy apples and a chance to play the arcade games further down on the pier. To admire the growth of my God Daughter Nell has made me a child again. 

   Last Saturday, Connie and I had a chance to remove the grease from reality and enjoy the  organic   beach scene in Santa Monica.  After a trip on the Santa Monica 7 bus, we took Colorado Street to Ocean and made a right turn. A trail to New Park brought us to the children's water area. It is where Li'l Nell first came in contact with a geyser that spewed water any time one placed their foot on a small round plastic top. Connie is old to be a Grand Mother, but her daughter Diana had her second child late in her forties.It is one o'clock. 
    Nell remembers her last experience at the water fall. She watches as other kids dance and jump up and down as streams of water glance off their bodies. Nell will have nothing to do with this. Again, she sees a puddle of muddy water and decided to jump and splatter the water everywhere. We know she will get dirty and this time, Connie dressed her in old shorts and a blouse   Li'll Nell allows me to hold her as we go down one of the three slides. It gives me to bond, laugh and make it a great day. 
    Up a hill are new clean restrooms and benches. It is my chance to eat a sandwich and drink from their fountain. Beautiful foliage with various types of plants make me feel as if I am in some wilderness Nell comes over and shares a banana and sandwich with me. She sees a stream of water and decides to go where two older infants now sit. She places her feet in the steam of water that paves its way down the hill  are now sitting.
At about four o'clock, Connie is hungry so we pave our way out and make a right turn. Nellie mumbles something that sound like fries so i order a small batch for five dollars. We find a shady spot in back of the fries truck and remove each fry from a paper cone with a wide brim. It is just the taste we need before we humble back to civilization.   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment