Wednesday, July 18, 2018

A Smile on the Number 1 bus.

Never could I imagine what the number one bus had in store for me today. It was five o'clock and as usual, I needed to end my day by the seashore. The ocean breezes ward off some of my bad moments during the cay. In front of the Waterfront Hilton Hotel is a bus stop. The destination of this bus is San Clemente, going east and  my favorite stop before connecting with the Metro-Link train for Oceanside. 
   The Pacific City Shopping Center is one of my favorite hangouts. It has a wonderful view of the ocean and some great restaurants No I don't drink, but love to watch the people and their dogs walk in the shopping center. I bought a coke with a long neck and duck in and out of the LA. Times The newspaper is beginning to rival the New York Time in its inside stories of today. At four forty five, I strode to my bus stop, across from the Hilton. 
   As usual, these bus stops have no overhanging roof but do have a hard core cement to sit on. I guess the Huntington Beach needs the money for its events, and I 
am no event.  Yet the temperature was only in the seventies and with a token breeze, I felt great to relax and leave the driving to the Orange County buses. At a little after five, I looked north and saw my bus  at an earlier stop. With my pack pack on now, I waited for the bus to stop. 
   I allowed a hotel worker to board the bus and then I mounted the steps. The bus driver was in a heated conversation with a gal who sat in the front seat. a girl looked somewhat familiar in back in the next seat. 
   Those on board the bus could have been a leper colony They all seemed lost except me. I found room next to a busy shopping cart when all of a sudden I heard my name. I turned towards the front of the bus and saw the smiling blond lady. 
   "That you Leslie ?" 
    She stood up and threw me such a look. 
    "Tried to find your meeting yesterday but it was not across the Hilton."
    "No trouble. Here is my e mail to reach me." 
    The bus now was at my Magnolia stop. She threw me a sweat smile as i dismounted the bus 
     Her smile I carried towards the concrete wall that separated the sand from the strand. Kids learning volleyball. A boom box played some catchy melodies. I danced with Leslie until the next 33 bus came to pick me up. I carried her smile on the bus and all the way home. 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment