Friday, February 23, 2018

The Keys to the Surf City Piano.

This story is about a Grand :Piano that  sleeps all day. It stays in a room with that it shares with a T.V.  Yesterday after a glorious day in Los Angeles, I was in the frame of mind to hit its keys, before the senior myopic lunch had been served. Lunch is served in the main dining area with a view of the park and its many mallards. geese, grills and a lovely pond. But in most stories there is a antagonist who tries to spoil the Centers serenity. And so it was, yesterday the twelfth of February

    "Well George, I left Boing after 35 years. My check is a bit over four thousand a month. I left my wife at home asleep, she sleeps in these days."
     "Well Dave, y0u look good for your age. Probably enjoyed job for Douglas Aircraft, eh?"
      "So much so that I remained with them even though name had changed to McDonald and Boeing later on...Worked on the electrical wiring for all the ships. From El Segundo they transferred to a larger field in Lakewood later on."
       It is now eleven fifteen and our meat loaf lunch is late again. Thank God I am speaking to one who also schooled in Los Angeles and even attended Pasteur Junior High before enrolling at Venice High School.
       "Did you know George that the DC  Twelve  interchanged parts with the DC Thirteen  In fact it is still in the sky today."
        "Took it on a channel flight to France from Dover England. A bit rocky, but what a sight that English channel. Wife and I stayed for most part on the coast and enjoyed the plentiful seafood and ambiance of the French. My wife and I enjoyed he crabs and lobsters as well as the escargot. "
 
Needed a bathroom break so went to the restroom. The Vietnamese man, as usual, was stealing all of the paper towels. On the way back, the piano smiled and asked me to play a tune. Now who could resist a Grand Piano.
   I began playing the Vietnamese Waltz and a Mozart tune, while I saw a round traffic cop go buy. I call this roving jelly Magpie as she is always smiling and giving sweets to everyone but me.
   It is evident that Magpie gave up music long ago for gum drops and gum balls She is in charge of the dining room bingo games, along with all festivities here. Magpie ran to the piano which made it cry. Now I never in my 78 years have ever heard a piano swear but it certainly did.
   Magpie showed me a sign that read, no playing except when Pope Francis is in town. My last piece was the Jelly Bean Roll and scurried before she could get Alexander's  Band after me.

      "So Bruce, you went to Venice High School and then U.C.L.A?"
       "Yes George, Venice had a great player named Leon Clark but a sign from a post office hit him in the head and he gave up football...Ever here of the Black Dalia Case. I was there on Grand Views and they never caught the murderer...
       The myopic food was served The meat loaf was good, what there was of it. It took three bites to finish it. We both got up to leave.  As I left the main hall, the piano gave me a sigh and to my delight played by herself.
       


      

No comments:

Post a Comment