Thursday, February 8, 2018

Los Angeles, the City of Angels.

Exhausted and famished. I headed to Dennis Restaurant across Wilshire and Western  My lungs sang for the first time in days. The fog had lifted and changed to a clear sunny day. Yes, Los Angeles greeted me with her delightful westerly winds 
   But as they say, first things first. Placing my back pack on a seat, I ambled to the rear closet toilet. Yellow tape cris-crossed the urinal I opened the door for the toilet.  A man screamed, "Don't you see I am busy. Hastily, I  closed the door and apologized. I steered men away from the closet and finally the toilet man came out. It felt good to relieve my bladder and as always, I thanked God to allow me this privilege. I sat and looked at the menu. David, came over to take my order. 
   "David remember me?" 
   "Buenos amigo. Como esta?" 
   "What do you recommend for breakfast?" 
   "The All American...with pancakes, eggs, beacon and hash browns.  How do you want the egg.? 
    "Scrambled please. Does the All American still come with coffee and a drink?"
     "Yes.. you wish orange juice?"
    David brought my coffee and orange juice. I downed the orange juice in one long swallow  and savored my trip on the Blue Line Train out of Long Beach. The seventy five cent trip was worth every penny.Te well dressed German couple sat in front of me. I wondered what they were doing on this train. 
     A young man slumbered his frame over two seats and fell asleep. Another played rap music and danced while a lady gave her two urchins some chips. I had forgotten my reading glasses so had to watch the proceedings. I removed my cell phone to give Gloria a message. 
    "I'll arrive at the Westside Pavilion at about twelve ..It took me three hours to get from Huntington to downtown Los Angeles."
    My meal arrived and since I did not wish to favor any one delight, I soaked all in syrup and ate the meal in five minutes. Finished at twelve, I just missed the Rapid Blue across the street next to a CVS. Dennis gave me reading glasses as I told them my were left there four months ago. 
   Whereas Huntington Beach had been dreary and heavy with its southerly breezes, Los Angles gave me a respite from the archaic 
medical care my brother Melvyn ahd been getting. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment