Saturday, December 16, 2017

A Pomeranian Visits Surf City

"The tall and leave room...thanks" 
     Just sat down at the Waterfront Hilton on P.C.H. and peaked at the Los Angles Times just after I had dropped two jars of honey and half and half into my coffee. Saw that Trump would probably try to stop the ties between him and Russia by firing the chief investigator when out of the corner of my eye a lady dressed in black pants pushed a baby carriage my way. 
     On closer examination, discovered that it was a dog. But what a dog!  With white hair and large ears that worked as an antenna, it searched me up and down. I just had to ask the lady in black.  
     "Excuse me, but what kind of a dog is that...it is lovely." 
      "A Pomeranian," with a warm smile that evoked further discourse. 
      She stopped and I examined further the dog who owned a long pointed nose with lovably blue eyes. 
       "How old is it?"
        "Nine." 
        "Where did you buy it?" 
        "Didn't. I had visited my Mom's family in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She had died of Rheumatoid Arthritis and a school friend called and told me about a Pomeranian at the pound who was about to be put down."
         "I took it from the pound and somehow bought a ticket for it on American, Dog class. It must have made an impression since American did not ticket me for five month old dog." 
          "Is this your first dog?" 
          "Grew up with dogs. Made up my mind that Rusty would become my child and my engineer husband agreed....Name is Trina and used to live in Long Beach....Here for a medical convention  the doctors are our guests. 
           "What do you feed it?" 
           " Rusty has an enlarge pancreas and we need to feed it special food...Live in Mission Vallejo now. ." 
           "Do you mind if I use your name in my blog?"  "No go right ahead and glad to meet you. Where are you headed." 
            "To the pool. a trainer is going to teach Rusty to ride a surf board."  

She left and I looked at the Sport's pages of the Times. My pocket watch told me it was time to go go to the bus stop below as the number 25 would be dropping my off on Main, on a damp cool day, a day to walk a dog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment