Monday, November 20, 2017

Frank Sinatra Sings Beverly Drive

"Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...." 
 Nate and Al's had a birthday party today. No it was not about their 72 years on this touristy blvd, but Angela's birthday. She has been the host of this historic eatery for eighteen years and has memorized each name by heart with a contagious smile. 
   "Thank you. This table will do." 
  It is a festive occasion today, as outside the Benny Goodman band is playing and old Blue Eyes is singing Strangers in the Night.  Every tavble is now taken. 
   "I will have the matzo ball soup please. and of course with pickles and rye toast....Thanks." 
    The waiter set the pickles and water down and I began to munch them when a guest arrived to my table. 
    "Why...you are not...no way...are you Frank Sinatra?" 
    "Yes George, I am..and am here on a mission. I am told that some witch evicted you from the Five Points Senior Apartments. Is that right?"
    "Well, Frankie. I heard your voice but no how in hell you arrived in Beverly Hills."
     "Well George, New York is not my only town. Why I love Beverly Hills too. .I did a lot of singing at the Palomar and the Brown Derby ages ago. But first, what mischief can we make to rid ourselves of that manager of your old apartments.
      "Well she hates music. I just know that if she heard you sing non stop for a day, she would expire."
       Just then, Dean Martin joined us. He looked as if he hadn't aged a bit and carried a dry martini with him. He kissed Frankie on the cheek and took up a seat. 
       "Was this I hear about New York...Why San Francisco is my kind of town...He George, order me a eggs Benedict with and a black coffee. ..Thanks. 
        "Oder more pickles and let me sing Witchcraft for you." (not edited)  


No comments:

Post a Comment