Thursday, September 21, 2017

A murder in Huntington Beach

"All right, but you don't need to shove!...hey stop it...you,you, B..ch" 
    Yes I lost it on the day before the beginning of the Jewish New Year. Mildred Grey admonished me for taking a call from my cell phone. Still I had walked quietly away from the computers but she pushed me. I controlled my anger and finished the call with my daughter in the lobby of the worst beach library in California, Huntington Beach. (Mildred is a old spinster librarian.)
      I can still hear Sir Wallis Flower scream at me, "Well our citizens love DVD's so that is where are money goes. To hell with the computers, we will fix them when we are ready. Our clients only wish for DVD's.
On another matter, I can still see evil eyes when I opened my door and peered once more to the vilest, most demented gal at the beach, my manager.  could still hear the loud thump on my door. It was four and change in the afternoon. Now who would be banging on my door. Still half asleep, I opened it. SHIT it was Mrs. Evil Eyes, the manager of the Mom and Pop apartments on Main.  Never in my life had I ever had the opportunity to live with a witch, but now my work was cut out for me. The grim reaper gave me one of her nasty looks and left me to world of slumber.
   She poked a letter into my hand and told me I had sixty days to leave. I returned to my couch and tried to sleep with no avail. But why did I give the evil one so much value. Oh yes, she held the keys to my homelessness. In no way would I allow fat ass Evil Eye  to provoke me like countless others in a shouting match. And then it hit me, use the crazy one in a Christmas Story: A Grinch Lives in Surf City.  
   But on a heavy matter. Two days ago after I had visited Mel at the Sea Cliff Health Center, I head at twilight the sound of a helicopter over head. He held that position so I knew a crime had been in progress or the deed already done.
    That evening on dial 1070, the newscaster mentioned that a murder had been committed on Main and Elis...Later I discovered the old man murdered had lived not far from me...I felt lucky to be alive since I had also been attacked on Beach, not far from this scene. I thought about the kids, homeless, the bikers, skateboarders and shopping carts that roam Beach Blvd every day. Many wear tattoos, smoke electric and our chew Juicy Fruit Gum riddled with weed or coke.
     A policeman you'll never see since they are usually huddled inside Yorktown reading the box scores of baseball games.
   
     

No comments:

Post a Comment