Thursday, May 4, 2017

A.V.P. This Week in H.B.

Timed it just right and from the #38 jump aboard the #28 headed south on Beach. Starbucks had provided me with water after the disaster going to a HMO dentist. It turned ten thirty and no time to be in Anaheim in the afternoon. Next to me was Knox Berry Farm.
   I sat up front and noticed a wiry,  thin blond eyeing me. she wore a ace sleeve over her left knee. sleeve on her thin leg and threw in over my legs -- and I needed a change in my today's diet. Her legs resembled pencils and the rest of her torso was barren. But she was a cute little thing, just what a needed to get my mind off of the HMO dentist.
   "Don't tell me you went to Western Dental? Why a couple of years ago their crown flew off a few days after my visit...Do you mind?" She threw her bad leg over mine and there was a hint of drugs on her breath. But the little face owned a cute smile. A thin bearded man over heard us. He chimed in.
    "Never go a a dentist unless they are Asian. They have a lot of patience."
 Last time I came down this street was to for a prostate exam. While the doctor's finger probed, he confessed that his finger was too short and wished a longer one like mine."
    Well with that my two new friends couldn't stop laughing. The thin titanium began to work my back with her free right hand. I didn't mind the attention after my misguided trip to the Anaheim dentist. She withdrew her hand and poked it into her hand bag and removed a bottle.
     "Here. I brew the tea myself. Try it."
    I removed the cap and slugged it down my deep throat. I was dehydrated anyway. She then asked me for my phone number and at first I said no, but the little one insisted. Barely audible, she asked me for my birthday. I asked her if she had any kids...
But enough of this nonsense, but the main idea is riding a bus to the A.V.P tournament in Huntington Beach. Those who live in the Los Angeles area, may I suggest taking the number 1 Octa bus out of Long Beach. It stops every hour on Seventh Street, across the street from the VA. In fact, you can park your car at the VA parking lot for free.
   The 1 bus weaves through Seal Beach and stops at Leisure World. It then returns to Seal Beach Blvd., makes a few turns and rolls through Sunset Beach. In about twenty minutes you have made it to Main. Bleacher seats have been planted in front of the boardwalk. No longer is it free.
   Those who come early can enjoy the brand new City View Shopping center off of P.C.H. There are all types of eateries, even if a bit pricey. I bring my lunch and watching the tourists who stay at one of the three hotels off of P.C.H. Now they call it Pacific City, but for me, the view is wonderful.
    Before paying to get in to the best volleyball a few bobs can buy, make sure to carry sun screen a and a bottle of run so you won't dehydrate in the sun. Afterwards, you can rent a bike or four seat carriage at Dwight's or Zack's before deciding on a dinner at the City View Shopping Center.
    The number one bus runs on the hour so make sure you know the times it stops in Huntington Beach. And by all means, make sure you do your toilet before riding it back to Long Beach.
 Well, got to go now. I will decide on a car to buy this weekend.
   

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment