Monday, March 12, 2018

Was this your first?

A  bit early, I made it to Dr. Painter's office three hours early. I needed good clean air to help with my bronchitis. The Garden Grove Kaiser satellite is where I go to my yearly dermatology check up, and besides, my face had grown a couple of weeds that needed to be exorcised out. It had been a three month wait and I had no idea that one of my best blogs would take place in the Garden Grove facility, across from a large Ralph's. 
    My last bus on Chapman dropped me off on Euclid. I needed to fortify my depleted energy with food. My body told my mind it needed potato salad and a combination shrimp and crab imitation salad. I entered the Kaiser facility at about twelve, three hours too early but what the hell. I had taken along my Thomas Becket book to read while feeding my face with my Ralph's deli. 
    I found a couch on the second floor and tried to ignore my labored breathing. Several pregnant teenagers waited to be called while I devoured some bread and my shrimp  Oops the lid dropped,..and I don't know where..
    "Sir, your lid is on the floor. Too bad I didn't bring something to eat. What are you eating?"
     I looked up and on a couch across from me sat a beautiful smile Her gorgeous blond curls sat on to of a rotund face. 
     "Ah, shrimp and a crab salad...Is this your first?" 
      "Na, why doya think I am pregnant?" 
      "Look at the sign on the door... obstetrics!" 
      "But I am going to the other door!" 
      "Oh my I didn't see the geriatrics door, sorry."
   I enjoyed our parlay and the way she laughed as if she had her whole life. Not bad looking also. 
       "What sir are you here for?" 
        'Pregnant, in fact I made the Guinness book of records as the first male to have a baby?" 
        "Ya kidding of course."
      Just then I heard a door open. "Matilda, you are next." She gave me such a look and left. Now I could read my Becket book Since Becket was a deacon, he could not mingle with the ladies and have  babies. About thirty minutes later, Matilda came out and ran up to me. I almost lost some of my shrimp salad.  Excited, she screamed for the lobby ladies to hear. 
      "I am having twins."  In a hurry she left while I held my breath. And what a pleasant sight I saw as standing up she looked like a Vogue cover girl. 


Nuts and bolts for today: "Cover your face and body since God provides one paint job for customer" contributed my Doctor Painter , 






No comments:

Post a Comment