Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hotels

 The Sheriton Hotel is my favorite. From its hotel perch, I can see the Coronado Bridge, the skyline of San Diego and Lindbergh Field planes taking off. One of my favorite tourists attractions is the Harbor area. I plant my little Chevy in the Marina Parking lot. To take Harbor to the Drive turnoff and park. The scene is blue. Many sailing boats are painted blue. The  Southwest planes are blue; the ocean is a blue gray.
   Even though not a guest of the larger of the two Sheriton's, I go there for a Starbucks or buy a drink at their bar. On this day, half of the patrons are oriental. "Well, you know what that means?" They have the best taste for healthy foods and the best hotels. I am strapped for a cash. It is the end of the month for a retired teacher, me. I go to the deli between the two buildings. I eat my tuna sandwich and give a few a few bites to Anthony the seagull. 
   I buy a two dollar and fifty cent ice cream cone. My day is complete, or I thought it was until I saw two fishermen trying their luck off the Harbor. I sat down and marveled at North Island. Today I thought I was Charles Lindbergh practicing takeoffs at Dutch Harbor. One fishermen hooked onto a Halibut and a big one at that.
   Oh yes, a single today is only one hundred and fifty dollars for a room for four, not too bad. The rates do change day-to-day depending on the fish.
  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment